Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Monday, July 28, 2014

Watermelon Feta Bites with Balsamic Glaze




You know those days when you go to the supermarket and buy a giant 10 pound watermelon thinking its a great idea, then you get home to your tiny apartment kitchen and wonder what on earth you were thinking. This is my current dilemma.

Although there is nothing I love more than a juicy, pink watermelon, there is nothing I love less than five different bowls filled with cut up watermelon taking up my entire refrigerator. 

Watermelon and feta cheese is a recent combination that I discovered and I am completely in love. The sweet and salty, crunchy and creamy combination is a perfect fit. This fresh salad bite is great as an appetizer, for parties or just to keep around as a snack during the day. 

I can pretty much guarantee there will be a few more watermelon recipes popping up here this week.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 large watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 oz block feta cheese, cut into similar size, but slightly thinner cubes

handful spinach leaves



Directions:
1. In a small saucepan bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Simmer 5-7 min until vinegar is reduced and coats the back of a spoon.
2. Assemble watermelon, feta and spinach in a stack, securing with a toothpick if need be. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.






No comments:

Post a Comment