Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Easy Dessert: Balsamic Strawberries


Sometimes the simplest things are the best. I am always struggling to satisfy my sweet tooth after dinner without overloading on calories. Although chocolate is usually in my evening routine, these hot summer days sometimes call for something a little lighter.

Having just stocked up on herbs at the farmers market, I wanted to utilize the fresh mint I bought. Since strawberries and mint seem to be a natural combo, I figured that was the route I would take. Pair these strawberries with you favorite vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.

Ingredients:
1 pint strawberries, sliced thick
1 Tbsp chopped mint
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp sugar

Directions:
1. Combine strawberries with mint, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
2. Serve cold over ice cream or top with whipped cream

No comments:

Post a Comment