Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Brussel Sprout, Goat Cheese & Pancetta Flatbread


If somebody told me when I was ten years old (and only ate spaghetti and chicken) that I would someday be eating brussel sprouts, goat cheese and pancetta, I probably would have responded "EW" and then asked what goat cheese was. I have overcome many food aversions in my life, and now I eat pretty much anything (accept for bananas-- to which I will still respond "EW").

Brussel Sprouts have become a new favorite of mine, and I try to incorporate them into any dish I can. For a while I think it was the only vegetable my boyfriend and I ever cooked. I was a bit obsessed and needed a 2 month brussel break, but now I'm back! This recipe is quick, simple and again can be altered using whichever veggies you happen to have on hand that day. Although the inner child in me is screaming a little inside, maybe all of this new food will inspire my future self to someday post a recipe about bananas.

Ingredients:
1 pkg whole wheat pizza dough
¼ lb pancetta, diced 
2 cups quartered brussel sprouts
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 8-oz pkg herb goat cheese
Salt and Pepper
Honey (optional)


1. Heat oven to 475 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a rectangle about ¼-inch thick. Dock the dough with a fork so the dough does not rise as much. Place dough on a metal baking sheet.


2. In a medium skillet, saute pancetta until brown and crispy, about 7 min. Remove pancetta into a separate bowl and drain off fat leaving 1 tbsp remaining. Add brussel sprouts and cook until tender, about 10 min. 


3. Spread brussel sprouts and pacetta evenly over the dough. Crumble goat cheese over the top and bake for 15 min. Drizzle honey over the top if desired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment