Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Quinoa Build-A-Bowl


On nights when I didn't go food shopping and don't want to go out to eat, I usually combine whatever I have in my fridge into a dinner mash-up. Quinoa has become a staple that I always have on hand, and makes a great base for any meal. Tonight on hand I had some Kale, Chicken Sausage, Lentils, Feta, Tomatoes and Hummus.

To add some extra flavor, sautée 1 bunch of kale with 1 chopped garlic clove and 1 tsp cumin, over medium heat until kale is wilted, 5 min. Slice 1 chicken sausage, (I used Trader Joe's Spicy Chicken Sausage) sautée over medium heat, 2 min per side. Top Quinoa with kale, sausage, 1/2 cup cooked lentils, 2 Tbsp crumbled feta, 2 Tbsp hummus, and 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes. Any of your favorite ingredients can be substituted into this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment