Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sweet Fruit Smoothie




Smoothies are always a tricky thing for me considering I hate two of the main ingredients found in many smoothies; bananas and yogurt. I know I know,  how could anyone hate bananas!? I get that question a lot. I have tried numerous times to get myself to like them but I just can't.

So, when it comes to making these tasty drinks I usually aim for the dairy-free, sweet fruit options. Although fruit smoothies are packed with tons of vitamins and nutrients they can also be a great hiding spot for sugar, so I try not to have them all the time. Everything in moderation right?

This recipe is a great balance of berries, stone fruit and citrus. Again, feel free to mix it up and add your favorite fruits. Hint: using frozen fruit lets you eliminate any ice and keep the fruit flavor intense. I like to add seeds like flax and chia to boost the fiber and protein. However, if your blender is weak it may not be able to break them down well.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
3/4 cup frozen peaches
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
2 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 Tbsp flax seed (optional)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients together in a blender until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment