Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Granola


Morning are usually not my time to start whipping up a cooked meal. in fact my go-to breakfast usually includes a bowl and a box and a carton of milk. On days when I want a little something healthier than boxed cereal, I pre-make granola. Its just as fast as my normal breakfast and is definately a whole lot healthier.

The chia seeds add a great texture and a TON of added fiber. I throw a few chocolate chips in for extra sweetness, and because I love nothing more than starting my morning with a hint of my favorite food. The oats, almonds and pepitas are 

Ingredients:
1 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/4 cup pepitas
1/2 cup quick rolled oats
3 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
2 Tbsp honey

Directions.
1. In a food processor, pulse dates until it makes a paste. 
2. In a stand mixer, combine date paste with the rest of the ingredients and mix with a paddle until combined, 3 min.
3. Pour granola mixture into a baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Refrigerate for 1 hour and crumble


No comments:

Post a Comment