Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Birthday Goals and Honey Corn muffins



It's birthday time again which means it is officially a new year of my life, so I’m giving myself some “New Year” resolutions (isn’t this when resolutions should actually be made?). I have promised myself I will write more and I decided to start it off with some delicious honey corn muffins – and what else says 28 like some good ol’ fashioned corn muffins. Since I was out of paper liners I substituted with 5-inch squares of parchment, folded and fitted into the cups. I actually like the rustic look over traditional white paper cups.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup medium cornmeal
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cups whole milk
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 extra-large egg
1/4 cup honey

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 
Line a 6 muffin cups with paper liners. 
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, eggs and honey. 
3. With the mixer on low, pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until they are just combined.
4. Spoon batter into the liners, filling each one to the top. Bake for 30 minutes, until the tops are slightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly and remove from the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment