Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Monday, December 3, 2012

Sushi Cupcakes



I was recently approached (most likely due to my obsession with cupcakes) to create mini sushi themed cupcakes for my cousins sushi themed bridal shower. I immediately started searching for fun options and ideas to create these cute confections. I decided to take the yummy candy route as apposed to a more realistic sushi made from only fondant. I used a home made cake batter as well as frosting but this can easily be done with cake mixes and canned frosting.

For the Sashimi option I used a chocolate cake in a black wrapper. I topped each cupcake with about a tablespoon of vanilla frosting. I dipped the cupcake into white sprinkles to resemble the rice. Each cake was then topped with a Swedish fish and covered with a 2 inch strip of black fondant.

For the sushi roll option I used a vanilla cupcake with a white wrapper. I topped each cupcake the same as above and again dipped it in white sprinkles. Next, Cut small pieces off of gummy worms and apply in a square pattern to the cupcake (use 4 different colors). They are not only tasty but are sure to be a huge hit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment