Email

GrabaforkNY@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Truckin': Kelvin Natural Slush Co.


One of the fasted growing trends in NYC are the gourmet food trucks. With new trucks popping up every day, its hard to keep track. I have recently decided to give myself a mission of finding the most unique and delicious food trucks around NYC. My first stop was Kelvin Natural Slush Co. This truck is usually located on 22nd and 5th Ave Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. However, you can check their website or twitter to find out their exact location. I had never heard of this truck before, and to be honest, I was actually on my way to a different truck when I spotted this intreguing vehicle. The day I made the discovery happened to be a few weeks ago when it was still a million degrees outside. Anyone who knows me knows I love me some cold refreshing slushes. This truck was like my dream come true. No more Dunkin' Donuts Coolata's for me! I have found my gourmet slush!

So this is how the slushy works: You start out by picking a base flavor, either spicy ginger, citrus, or green & black tea. You then pick a fruit puree to mix in. These mix-ins range from white peach to apricot to pink guava. I decided to go with a half citrus half ginger slush with white peach. Ohhh yes! It was fantastic. The ginger was just spicy enough and the peach and citrus were cool and tangy. I then called everyone I knew to tell them about my delicious discovery.

So before it gets too cold take a walk to 22nd street and try a delicious frozen treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment